Oklahoma Chapter Planning Awards
Nominations for the 2018 Chapter Awards are now open! The awards honor outstanding overall plans, best practices, and individual's efforts throughout Oklahoma. Nominations are due July 18. The award ceremony is held at the annual conference in Midwest City.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Outstanding Public Outreach, Program, Project, Tool, Community Initiative - This award is for a specific planning tool, practice, program, project, community initiative or public outreach. This category emphasizes results and demonstrates how innovative and state-of-the art planning methods and practices help to create communities of lasting value.
- Outstanding Plan - This award is for a plan that advances the science and art of planning.
- Outstanding Citizen Planner - This award honors an individual or appointed or elected official who has advanced or promoted the cause of planning in the public arena. (Non-Professional Planner)
- Outstanding Student Project - This award recognizes a student or group of students in an Oklahoma planning, architecture, or landscape architecture program for an outstanding paper or class project that demonstrates the contribution of planning to contemporary issues; best applies the planning process; or best exemplifies applied planning research.
- Great Neighborhood, Great Street, or Great Public Space - Great Places in America singles out places of exemplary character, quality and planning; places with a unique identity, cultural interest, community involvement, and a sustainable vision for tomorrow.
For questions regarding the awards program, contact Nancy Warring at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the winners from past years: